What do you think of npower?

You may select 1 option

View results

Jamjar
Professional Shopper
Arcade highscore: 28
npower

Post by Jamjar » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:45 pm

Finally fed up with npower never EVER reading our meter, we decided to try EDF.

npower are the laziest power supply peeps ever! :eek:

Because we changed over to EDF, npower thought they'd send us yet another estimated (final) bill of nearly £300, yeah right, it went from £37 to nearly £200 and then £300!

They REFUSE to read our meter and are waiting on our current suppliers to provide them with the reading!!!!! :eek:

We've been with npower for approx. two year!

Definetly, THE worst power supplier to date imo!
I will post some snotty letters to my queries from npower later on....watch this space folks!

LadyAngel
Mood:
Arcade highscore: 10

Post by LadyAngel » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:16 pm

My daughter has had the same problems. npower has never once read her meter. She became ill some time ago, and didn't notice that she'd never received a bill from them for some time, then out of the blue, she received a threatening letter from them saying she owed hundreds!

They not only had never read her meter, but they'd been sending the bills to the local council! Whoever had been receiving them never had the decency to forward the bills onto my daughter, and when she complained got the usual 'it wasn't our fault' whine from the council.

She took her own meter reading and sent it in, but at first npower wouldn't accept it as they said it was too low! Eventually she received a modified bill for around £35!

My sister, also with npower, never had anyone to read the meter, but they always received estimates, even when they sent in their own readings...now npower say they owe around £1,500! Not only that, but because of an error on their part, my sister and her family were without electricity for days, and she has 4 kids!

Their freezer defrosted and they couldn't cook and had to light the house with candles. Not one apology did she receive from them! Time to swap providers, I think!

Jamjar
Professional Shopper
Arcade highscore: 28

Post by Jamjar » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:45 pm

jamjar wrote:
Definetly, THE worst power supplier to date imo!
I will post some snotty letters to my queries from npower later on....watch this space folks!
I'm withholding quoting letters by npower, in case this goes to court. However, I will say that I did receive a VERY stroppy letter (after I had been complaining for months), about how my last letter should have been written in a much better tone!!!!!

I had not sworn or anything, but I did let my frustrations be known in the way I wrote my letter! Instead of dealing with my actual complaint of several months, I get an idiot telling me to re-write my letter nicely! :gr:

:lol: Strewth! npower, wake up!

They have still failed to explain how our bill went up from £37 to nearly £300 in the same statement and without reading our meter...EVER! :eek:

I'll pay the £37, but they can sing for the rest, lol! :lol:
:shifty: Want to learn how you can earn £50 just by clicking here? :yes:

Moony
Shopaholic
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Arcade super highscore: 0
Arcade highscore: 0

Post by Moony » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:15 am

They must be getting better...

My old supplier asked them for a meter reading and they got it the next day.

I signed up because Scottish Power are even worse than NPower :eek:

Scottish power wanted to change my direct debit monthly payments from £46 to £107 and they had never read my meter in the year I was with them.
Memory Walk 24th September....My Donation Page

Rate this topic